Anita Grant Shea Butter Oil 30mlRegular price £8.99
Shea oil is fractionated from Unrefined Shea Butter and remains liquid at 20˚C.
How is Shea Oil made?
First we need to look at the components of Unrefined Shea Butter which is a triglyceride (fatty acid) made up of stearic acid and oleic acid.
Unrefined Shea Butter contains approximately:
43% stearic acid
46% oleic acid
7% linoleic acid
4% palmitic acid
The process of fractionation involves separating 2 components of Shea Butter, the olein (oil) and the stearin (fat), through steam distillation. Once separated the levels of fat (stearic acid) are reduced, whilst the levels of oil (oleic acid) are increased.
Shea Oil contains approximately:
27% stearic acid
59% oleic acid
9% linoleic acid
5% palmitic acid
Fractionation is one of the most natural ways of:
• producing Shea Oil
• retaining its natural properties
Shea oil is extremely moisturising and suitable for both skin and hair:
• Oleic acid - well known anti-inflammatory
• Linoleic acid - aids in the repair of the skin's top layer (epidermis) and purported to stimulate healthy hair growth.
At Anita Grant we sell 3 different types of Shea:
• Unrefined Raw Shea Butter - Solid fatty acid of the shea nut.
• Shea Oil - Fractionated Shea Butter, liquid at room temperature, as per the information above.
• Shea Olein (available mid-February 2017) - Contains slightly higher levels of stearic acid, semi-solid at room temperature, extremely soft with a golden yellow colour and a bland aroma. Shea Olein is thicker in consistency to that of Shea Oil.
• Highly nourishing, packed with essential fatty acids, phytosterols and Vitamins A, E and F
• Contains phytosterols, which stimulates cell growth.
• Light weight and easily absorbed to get moisture, vitamins, and essential fatty acids to where it’s needed most.
• Fight the oxidative effects of free radicals and premature ageing.
• Moisturises, smoothes and illuminates parched skin and natural hair.
A little goes a long way.
To hydrate and nourish apply to damp or dry skin and hair.
For deeper penetration and to lock in moisture exfoliate your skin before application.
Remember - hands, feet, elbows are also areas of your body that may be prone to dry skin.
Shea Butter Oil (Butyrospermum Parkii)
100% of the total ingredients are from a natural origin