Henna Sooq Red Raj 100gRegular price £11.50
Our amazing Red Raj henna powder with luscious rich red tones. Lawsone Content 3.29%
This special batch is produced by specially selected USDA ORGANIC henna leaves rich in lawsone content from Rajasthan's Region of India. Perfect for those who love rich red tones for hair, and for dark rich red henna body art designs.
Red Raj is our professional body art grade henna powder:
- yield vibrant red tones
- the ultimate henna for henna artists
- used by professional henna artists worldwide
- easily washes out of hair
- loosens curl pattern
- thicker hair
- protects your hair from the elements
- reduces split ends
- gets rid of dandruff
Quantity: 100 grams
This henna powder comes inside an inner foil resealable pouch. This is the best packaging possible to maintain freshness.
How to Mix Red Raj Henna Powder for Body Art
1. Measuring the henna powder. Take 2 tbsp of henna powder (about 25 grams of henna) and place it into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar of your choice and mix well.
2. Adding the lemon juice/water/tea brew. Heat your liquid (about 1/4 cup) on the stove and add it slowly to your henna powder. Mix well until it is the consistency of a thick yoghurt.
3. Adding essential oil. Then add 1 tsp of your essential oil. Mix well.
4. Too much liquid? If you add too much liquid add a little more henna powder to adjust. You can
cover your henna paste and allow to sit for 3-4 hours but I don’t. I mix my henna recipe and sometimes let it sit an hour to rest. I then take the henna paste I’ve made and cone it all up or place into carrot bags for storage. I place cones and carrots bags into the freezer and use when as needed when I’m ready to do so. The frozen paste will thaw naturally at room temperature. I am a true believer that freezing your henna paste for body art (and even for hair use) gives it a really nice boost in color.
5. Testing the paste. Should you decide that you want to use your henna paste that same day then after it has sat 3-4 hours you can test the paste out. It might need retesting every hour thereafter if you’re not seeing the recommended results. Test your henna paste by placing a bit of paste onto your palm and let it sit for at least 1 minute. Remove the paste by washing off and if you have a bright pumpkin orange stain that indicates that it’s ready to be used.
6. More liquid? Your henna paste when it’s ready to be used, should be a consistency of thick toothpaste (see below photo). If it’s feeling too thick for you adjust by slowly adding more of your liquid.
When using any new hair product it’s always recommended that you do a hair strand tests or a skin patch test first. Even natural products can cause allergic reactions. Test before use.
Important: Please keep in mind that your hair is as individual and unique as you are. Henna and Ayurvedic treatments can be drying for some. It’s recommended that you add our aloe vera powder or one of our hair oils to your recipe and/or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that all of our clients try varying recipes based on their individual hair needs and focus. Use the recipe that works best for your hair!
Total amount of powder you should use:
Above ear length: 50-75 grams
Shoulder length: 100-125 grams
Bra strap or mid-back length: 150-175 grams Lower back length (above hips): 200 to 225 grams Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Green Tea
• Note: For coloring treatments do not use heavy liquids such as yoghurt, shea/cocoa butters,
conditioners, etc...as they dilute the color and won’t yield best color coverage.
How to mix and use our Red Raj:
1. Mix henna with one or more of our recommended liquids.
2. Allow the paste to sit for dye release for 3-4 hours.
3. Add enough liquid to make a paste into the consistency of pancake batter. Measurements aren’t
always going to be exact, as each batch of henna can absorb varying amounts of liquid each time.
4. After dye release has been achieved, apply the henna paste to damp or dry hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back. Make sure to wear gloves when applying henna, as it
will stain your hands.
5. Wrap your hair and allow henna to stay in hair from 3-4 hours.
6. Rinse, shampoo or co-wash the paste out, according to what works best for your hair.
Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days.
• For redder tones add our hibiscus petal powder, beet juice, red tea or paprika
• For browner tones add our organic amla powder, coffee or black tea
• Create your own henna gloss by adding some henna powder to your conditioner and letting it sit in
your hair for 30 minutes as a deep conditioning treatment. This will yield a slight reddish tint.
• Add our essential oils to your henna to add extra shine and leaving your hair smelling great
• Too Drying? Add our Organic Aloe Vera powder to your henna, and indigo recipe for added
• Henna powder can be placed in the fridge or freezer for up to 3 years
• Henna paste can be placed in the fridge for up to 24 hours
• Henna paste can be placed in freezer for up to 12 months
Get The Color You Desire!
• Reddish brown tones can be achieved with 70% henna and 30% organic indigo
• Brown tones are achieved can be 50% organic indigo and 50% henna
• Dark chocolate brown tones can be achieved with 70% indigo and 30% henna
• Black tones can be achieved when you use 100% henna first and then a second step of 100% indigo