Henna Sooq Indigo for Hair 100gRegular price £9.50
kIndigo Powder for Hair is a natural plant. The powdered leaves have a natural dark blue dye. Indigo is used along with henna to dye darker hair tones.
What color tones will you achieve?
- reddish brown when using proportions of 75% henna and 25% indigo. This method is called a one step process.
- brown tones when using proportions of 50% indigo and 50% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- dark chocolate brown tones when using proportions of 75% indigo and 25% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- Black Tones when you use henna first at 100%, and then second step of indigo at 100%. This method is called a two step process.
- Apply indigo with your henna application to get browner tones. This method is called a one step process.
Instructions and recipes can be downloaded via the Instructions tab.
Our indigo is packaged in double plastic bags inside of foil packaging. This ensures freshness.
Please note: this indigo differs from our organic indigo. They are from two different farms, and the results vary. This difference is similar to the difference in color results between henna powders. This particular indigo is best for resistant hair and grey hairs. We recommend this indigo for our clients wanting dark tones including black tones.
Quantity 100 grams
Note: We apologize for the printing company for our new pouches, made an error on the back of the pouches and didn't change the organic indigo wording. Please note it is indigo for hair but disregard the organic terms on the back. It is still mixed the same.
Important: Please keep in mind that your hair is as individual and unique as you are. Henna and Ayurvedic treatments can be drying for some. It’s recommended that you add our aloe vera powder or one of our hair oils to your recipe and/or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that all of our clients try varying recipes based on their individual hair needs and focus. Use the recipe that works best for your hair! Further instructions can be found and downloaded on every product page.
Total amount of powder you should use: Above ear length: 50-75 grams Shoulder length: 100-125 grams Bra strap or mid-back length: 150-175 grams Lower back length (above hips): 200 to 225 grams Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
Recommended Liquids: • Water only
*Indigo powder must always be used with henna. Without henna indigo will give your hair a green hue.
How to mix Indigo for black tones (2 step process): You must henna your hair before using indigo in order to create black tones. Please make sure to do indigo within 72 hours of henna application. Indigo does not always work the first time for clients and repeated application(s) may be necessary.
1. Follow the instructions on how to henna your hair first (please view instructions for your henna powder on its product page).
2. Mix indigo with enough warm to hot water. Add enough water to make the paste the consistency of pancake batter. Optional, add salt (1 tbsp per 50 grams of indigo) to help the indigo stick to resistant hair strands. Allow dye to release for 15-20 minutes.
3. Apply the indigo paste to your hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back. Make sure to wear gloves when applying indigo as it will stain your hands.
4. Wrap your hair and allow indigo to stay in your hair 3-4 hours.
5. Gently wash or co-wash the paste out so as not pull any of the color out. Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days.
Mixing Indigo for brown hair (1 step process): . Indigo for Hair is best for grey coverage and brown to black tones.
1. Prepare the henna paste as directed (please view instructions for your henna powder on its product page).
2. Once henna is ready, mix your indigo as directed above in separate bowl.
3. Mix the henna and indigo together.
4. Apply the paste to your hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back. Make sure to wear gloves as it will stain your hands.
5. Wrap your hair and allow mixture to stay in your hair for 3-4 hours.
6. Rinse, shampoo, or co-wash the paste out, according to what works best for your hair. Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days
Tips: • Too Drying? Add our Organic Aloe Vera powder to your henna and indigo recipe for added moisture. You’ll only need about 1 tsp per 100 grams used • Add salt to your indigo to help it cling better to the hair strand.
Storage: • Indigo paste must be thrown out after use, even when mixed with henna. Get The Color You Desire! • Reddish brown tones can be achieved with 70% henna and 30% organic indigo • Brown tones are achieved can be 50% organic indigo and 50% henna • Dark chocolate brown tones can be achieved with 70% indigo and 30% henna • Black tones can be achieved when you use 100% henna first and then a second step of 100% indigo
While we strive to ensure the accuracy of the product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our website. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by us.