Henna Sooq Moroccan Henna Powder 100gRegular price £10.00
Indulge yourself with our professional body art grade Moroccan henna powder freshly imported from Morocco's Western Sahara region. This powder is milled and sifted by hand with the women's cooperative in Morocco. Often sought out, Moroccan henna powder is noted for its stringiness and quick dye release.
We love our Moroccan henna powder because:
- it has a fast dye release
- creates beautiful deep copper toned henna body art stains
- blends well with indigo to create brown to black tones
- good choice for those not wanting intense red tones
- yields a copper-red tone when used alone
- easily washes out of hair
- conditions hair
- loosens curl pattern
- thicker hair
- protects your hair from the elements
- reduces split ends
- gets rid of dandruff
- kills lice
Quantity 100 grams
(strongest color comes from the Spring crops)
Moroccan henna powder has a dye release of 1-2 hours for hair use, and 6-8 hours for body art use. This henna powder does not freeze well. Best if used fresh.
How much you will need depends on your hair length, and thickness. This will give you a generally idea of how much you’ll need for 1 application:
Above ear length: 50-75 grams
Shoulder length: 100-125 grams
Bra strap length or mid-back: 150-175 grams
Lower back (above hips): 200 to 225 grams
Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
Mixing Moroccan Henna Powder for Body Art
1. Measuring the henna powder. Take 2 tbsp of henna powder (about 25 grams of henna) and place it into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar of your choice and mix well.
2. Adding the lemon juice/water/tea brew. Heat your liquid (about 1/4 cup) on the stove and add it slowly to your henna powder. Mix well until it is the consistency of a thick yoghurt.
3. Adding essential oil. Then add 1 tsp of your essential oil. Mix well.
4. Too much liquid? If you add too much liquid add a little more henna powder to adjust. You can
cover your henna paste and allow to sit for 3-4 hours but I don’t. I mix my henna recipe and sometimes let it sit an hour to rest. I then take the henna paste I’ve made and cone it all up or place into carrot bags for storage. I place cones and carrots bags into the freezer and use when as needed when I’m ready to do so. The frozen paste will thaw naturally at room temperature. I am a true believer that freezing your henna paste for body art (and even for hair use) gives it a really nice boost in color.
5. Testing the paste. Should you decide that you want to use your henna paste that same day then after it has sat 3-4 hours you can test the paste out. It might need retesting every hour thereafter if you’re not seeing the recommended results. Test your henna paste by placing a bit of paste onto your palm and let it sit for at least 1 minute. Remove the paste by washing off and if you have a bright pumpkin orange stain that indicates that it’s ready to be used.
6. More liquid? Your henna paste when it’s ready to be used, should be a consistency of thick toothpaste. If it’s feeling too thick for you adjust by slowly adding more of your liquid.
When using any new hair product it’s always recommended that you do a hair strand tests or a skin patch test first. Even natural products can cause allergic reactions. Test before use.
Important: Please keep in mind that your hair is as individual and unique as you are. Henna and Ayurvedic treatments can be drying for some. It’s recommended that you add our aloe vera powder or one of our hair oils to your recipe and/or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that all of our clients try varying recipes based on their individual hair needs and focus. Use the recipe that works best for your hair!
• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Green Tea
• Note: For coloring treatments do not use heavy liquids such as yoghurt, shea/cocoa butters,
conditioners, etc...as they dilute the color and won’t yield best color coverage.
How to mix and use our Moroccan Henna Powder for Hair:
1. Mix henna with one or more of our recommended liquids.
2. Allow the paste to sit for dye release for 1-2 hours.
3. Add enough liquid to make a paste into the consistency of pancake batter. Measurements aren’t
always going to be exact, as each batch of henna can absorb varying amounts of liquid each time.
4. After dye release has been achieved, apply the henna paste to damp or dry hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back. Make sure to wear gloves when applying henna, as it
will stain your hands.
5. Wrap your hair and allow henna to stay in hair from 3-4 hours.
6. Rinse, shampoo or co-wash the paste out, according to what works best for your hair.
Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days.
• For redder tones add our hibiscus petal powder, beet juice, red tea or paprika
• For browner tones add our organic amla powder, coffee or black tea
• Create your own henna gloss by adding some henna powder to your conditioner and letting it sit in
your hair for 30 minutes as a deep conditioning treatment. This will yield a slight reddish tint.
• Add our essential oils to your henna to add extra shine and leaving your hair smelling great
• Too Drying? Add our Organic Aloe Vera powder to your henna, and indigo recipe for added
• Henna powder can be placed in the fridge or freezer for up to 3 years
• Henna paste can be placed in the fridge for up to 24 hours
• Moroccan henna paste doesn’t freeze well in our opinion. It’s best to throw out leftovers
Get The Color You Desire!
• Reddish brown tones can be achieved with 70% henna and 30% organic indigo
• Brown tones are achieved can be 50% organic indigo and 50% henna
• Dark chocolate brown tones can be achieved with 70% indigo and 30% henna
• Black tones can be achieved when you use 100% henna first and then a second step of 100% indigo
While we strive to ensure the accuracy of the product images and information, some manufacturing changes to packaging and/or ingredients may be pending update on our website. Although items may occasionally ship with alternate packaging, freshness is always guaranteed. We recommend that you read labels, warnings and directions of all products before use and not rely solely on the information provided by us.