Amla is a natural plant also known as Emblica Officinalis. The dried, powdered fruit has tannins, vitamin C, and is astringent.
Our Organic Amla is especially amazing for hair because:
- adds texture, volume, wave, curl
- shine to your hair
- promotes hair growth
- thicker, stronger hair strands
- tones down red of henna
- natural astringent making it good for facial cleansing
- tightens up coils/curls
Our organic amla powder is vacuumed sealed and packaged in foil packages by 100 grams. This ensures freshness.
Quantity: 100 grams
Be Advised: Our Organic Amla powder is not for consumption. This is hair grade quality amla and for external use only.
You can use amla as part of your henna and ayurvedic hair treatments or on its own.
People generally use it on its own when they want to tighten up their coils after a henna or cassia treatment without affecting color results.
When using it along with other herbs you should add at least 3-4 tbsp per 100 grams.
You can mix your henna and ayurvedic recipes with warm water, tea, coffee, herbal teas, and some lemon juice. Don't use too much lemon juice, if any, as it can be drying.
When using any new hair product it’s always recommended that you do a hair strand tests or a skin patch test first. Even natural products can cause allergic reactions. Test before use.
Important: Please keep in mind that your hair is as individual and unique as you are. Henna and Ayurvedic treatments can be drying for some. It’s recommended that you add our aloe vera powder or one of our hair oils to your recipe and/or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that all of our clients try varying recipes based on their individual hair needs and focus. Use the recipe that works best for your hair! Further instructions can be found and downloaded on every product page.
Total amount of powder you should use:
Above ear length: 50-75 grams
Shoulder length: 100-125 grams
Bra strap or mid-back length: 150-175 grams Lower back length (above hips): 200 to 225 grams Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
Using our Organic Amla
For added volume, growth or to maintain curls add about 3-4 tbsp of amla powder (per 100 grams of henna or Ayurvedic herbs used) to your recipe. You can also use amla powder alone with added conditioner to help maintain your curl pattern without affecting the color of the henna.
As a facial mask you can mix the amla powder with warm water and apply onto the face from 5-10 minutes.
Recipes for Hair Conditioning and Hair Coloring
• Mixed with other herbs (such as Soapnut Powder, Shikakai, Brahmi Powder, Bhringraj, Organic Cassia Obovata) as the conditioning hair treatment.
• Curlies should add 1 tsp of Organic Aloe Vera Powder or 1 tbsp Flax Seed Gel or Aloe Vera Gel/honey to 100g Organic Amla Powder for easier application.
• As a final acidic rinse mix 1 tbsp steeped in 2.5 cups of hot water until cooled. Then strained and poured over the hair and left on for up to 5 minutes.
• 1 tbsp made into a paste and added to conditioner, flax seed gel, greek yogurt, coconut milk/cream as a deep nourishing hair treatment. Do not add the powder directly to a wet paste as it will clump.
• On its own mixed with tea or water over lightly pre-oiled hair. The amount needed depends on the
individual’s hair length and thickness.
• Mixed with henna to maintain curls and tone down the red deposit of henna.