Henna Sooq Organic Indigo For Hair 100gRegular price £8.00
Organic Indigo Powder for Hair is a natural plant. The powdered leaves have a natural dark blue dye. Indigo is used along with henna to dye darker hair tones.
What color tones will you get?
- reddish brown when using proportions of 75% henna and 25% indigo. This method is called a one step process.
- brown tones when using proportions of 50% indigo and 50% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- dark chocolate brown tones when using proportions of 75% indigo and 25% henna. This method is called a one step process.
- Black Tones when you use henna first at 100%, and then second step of indigo at 100%. This method is called a two step process.
- Apply indigo with your henna application to get browner tones. This method is called a one step process.
Our organic indigo is packaged in double plastic bags inside of foil packaging. This ensures freshness.
Important please note: our organic indigo differs from our indigo that is non-organic. They are from two different farms, and the results vary. This difference is similar to the difference in color results between henna powders. Our non-organic indigo (Indigo for Hair) is better for those who have resistant hair and greys (that are hard to color), and for those wanting rich dark tones, including black.
This henna powder comes inside an inner foil resealable pouch. This is the best packaging possible to maintain freshness.
Quantity 100 grams
When using any new hair product it’s always recommended that you do a hair strand tests or a skin patch test first. Even natural products can cause allergic reactions. Test before use.
Important: Please keep in mind that your hair is as individual and unique as you are. Henna and Ayurvedic treatments can be drying for some. It’s recommended that you add our aloe vera powder or one of our hair oils to your recipe and/or deep condition your hair afterwards. We recommend that all of our clients try varying recipes based on their individual hair needs and focus. Use the recipe that works best for your hair! Further instructions can be found and downloaded on every product page.
Total amount of powder you should use:
Above ear length: 50-75 grams
Shoulder length: 100-125 grams
Bra strap or mid-back length: 150-175 grams Lower back length (above hips): 200 to 225 grams Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
• Water only
*Indigo powder must always be used with henna. Without henna indigo will give your hair a green
How to mix Indigo for black tones (2 step process):
You must henna your hair before using indigo in order to create black tones.
Please make sure to do indigo within 72 hours of henna application. Indigo does not always work the first time for clients and repeated application(s) may be necessary.
1. Follow the instructions on how to henna your hair first (please view instructions for your henna powder on its product page).
2. Mix indigo with enough warm to hot water. Add enough water to make the paste the consistency of pancake batter. Optional, add salt (1 tbsp per 50 grams of indigo) to help the indigo stick to resistant hair strands. Allow dye to release for 15-20 minutes.
3. Apply the indigo paste to your hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back. Make sure to wear gloves when applying indigo as it will stain your hands.
4. Wrap your hair and allow indigo to stay in your hair 3-4 hours.
5. Gently wash or co-wash the paste out so as not pull any of the color out.
Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days.
Mixing Indigo for brown hair (1 step process):
Organic indigo is used for reddish brown to medium brown tones. Indigo for Hair is best for grey coverage and brown to black tones.
1. Prepare the henna paste as directed (please view instructions for your henna powder on its product page).
2. Once henna is ready, mix your indigo as directed above in separate bowl.
3. Mix the henna and indigo together.
4. Apply the paste to your hair in sections starting from the front and moving towards the back.
Make sure to wear gloves as it will stain your hands.
5. Wrap your hair and allow mixture to stay in your hair for 3-4 hours.
6. Rinse, shampoo, or co-wash the paste out, according to what works best for your hair.
Your hair’s color will settle over the next 2 days
• Too Drying? Add our Organic Aloe Vera powder to your henna and indigo recipe for added moisture. You’ll only need about 1 tsp per 100 grams used
• Add salt to your indigo to help it cling better to the hair strand Storage:
• Indigo paste must be thrown out after use, even when mixed with henna. Get The Color You Desire!
• Reddish brown tones can be achieved with 70% henna and 30% organic indigo
• Brown tones are achieved can be 50% organic indigo and 50% henna
• Dark chocolate brown tones can be achieved with 70% indigo and 30% henna
• Black tones can be achieved when you use 100% henna first and then a second step of 100% indigo